On Sept. 23, 2018 participants of all ages will line up at the starting line of the sixth annual DWS in Whitewater, Wisc. The DWS team is thrilled to see all our participants in September.
Below is a list and description of everything to expect in Sept. on race day weekend.
- Whitewater Main Street Festival: We’ll have a booth at the festival on Sept. 15, 2018 this year! Bring the family and tie-dye a shirt or design an encouragement sign during the day. The Bethel House and Working for Whitewater’s Wellness (W3) will have volunteers at the booth all day. While you’re there visit the other booths to see what Whitewater has to offer, the festival is 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Pre-race dinner: We have a complimentary pre-race dinner for participants on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. The dinner is provided by A’viands and is located in the Hamilton Room of the University Center on the UW-Whitewater campus. On-site registration is available during the pre-race dinner too!
- Race day activities: The activities start bright and early at 6 am with the Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast. Every participant of the DWS gets breakfast for free. On-site registration is available on race day as well. For a full schedule of the day visit https://runwhitewater.com
- Wheelchair Division start is 7:55 a.m.
- Half marathon/half marathon relay start is 8 a.m.
- 5K start is 8:15 a.m.
- Pacer added: Special this year we added a pacer component to the half marathon! We’ll have eight pacers running on the course in bright orange shirts, so they’ll be easy to find. Participants can follow the pacer to keep a steady time for the 13.1 miles.
- FREE childcare: Did you know the DWS offer free childcare to our participants? Our Kids Korral, is a combined effort of the UW-W’s College of Education & Professional Studies and Creative and Resourceful Educators to provide activities for children in a safe environment. The Kids Korral is for children six month to 10 years and they must be registered.
- W3 Fit Kid Shuffle: Every year the DWS is in conjunction with the W3 Fit Kid Shuffle. It is a one-mile race for children 10 years and younger. The race begins at 9:15 a.m.
- Awards Ceremony: This year we split up the awards for the half marathon, half marathon relay and 5K. First, second and third (men and women) place finishers will receive a cash prize, $50 gift certificate to The Black Sheep in Whitewater and a drinking glass. All finishers of the half marathon, half marathon relay and 5k will receive a medal.
- 5K awards start at 9:45 a.m.
- Half marathon and half marathon relay awards start at 10 a.m.
- Post-race party: This year’s post-race celebration will take place at 841 Brewhouse, located at 841 E Milwaukee St in Whitewater. Participants will come together with one free glass of either beer, wine or soda. The party is from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Whitewater Aquatic and Fitness Center is open from 9 am to 6 pm and participants can enjoy a free day pass.
We can’t wait to see everyone out there on race day! If you have any questions email us at email@example.com or message us on Facebook at RunWhitewater!